Saturday, July 21, 2018

Under Palms



I payed our botanical garden a short visit.



Why only short?
It was stinking hot in the sun and all shadowy places were taken, plus...



... the real flowers looked rather sad.

But I have to admit...



"Adam" by Sabine Hoppe and I, we enjoy the heat-wave!

As does this Lion of the day:



Summer! Can´t remember ... oh I don´t wanna jinx it, right!

7 comments:

Sami said...

There sure are a lot of lions around Braunschweig, funny I never noticed all those before.
Strange how nowadays I seem to pay more attention to details and take more photos...also easier of course, no need to wait until the roll is finished, have them printed, etc.
I liked Adam and the flower statues.
We're having a lot of rain this weekend and more rain the rest of the week :(

peppylady (Dora) said...

We sure don't have any palms here in Idaho. My son in Medford ore and some neighbors have them.
Coffee is on

Iris Flavia said...

Haha, Sami, yes. I think one thing is blogging, we wanna show what we have, hence we look.
And yes!
You don´t have to wait for the photos to get printed!

Dora, not even a botanical garden? Help create one! :-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I think you and Ingo must be quite used to hot weather now Iris, you have experienced enough of it in Perth ☺ You wouldn't like it right now, although not really cold, still sooooo much rain!

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks a very nice place Iris, I enjoyed your photographs.

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

What a lovely place to visit. I love it when gardens include sculpture.

Iris Flavia said...

Grace, it seems top be a different heat here, more Darwin-like, so humid.
I´d love some rain here :-)

Jan, you´re welcome.

Jeanie, I guess I have to return, I think there is much more!