Friday, July 20, 2018

Slow Summer Days



This lady enjoys the sun right in front of...





Haus der Wissenschaft, where I took a slope on the way to my therapist.

It was only built shortly before WWII and wasn´t damaged much, only the observatory was destroyed and 2011 replaced by a glass dome. Impressive sight, no?



Slowly the medication gets accepted by my brain, I guess.
Sadly that does not mean that the positive effect sets in. So... it´s slow summer days now, let´s see what happens.

Buuut.. we kinda, well, honoured my Dad - who left us yesterday 16 ago - with a very yummy burger at Herman´s :-)

Lion of the day:



A rather technical one, suiting the building´s purpose.

5 comments:

Sami said...

I like the Caspari Lion and the House of Science is a big building for the time it was built.
The statue of the lady looks a bit strange, as she doesn't seem to be very relaxed on the support she has, lol.
Have a nice warm weekend.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you and yes, you´re right, she probably isn´t as relaxed like this - I hope the model had a more comfy place :-)
Oh, yes, another hot weekend (for German standards around 30C is hot).
Hope your weather is as you like it, too.

Jeanie said...

I think it's wonderful to remember/honor those who have left us that we love on that anniversary. Sending hugs as you have the memories. And I love the lion. Give the meds time. I'm glad they're beginning to have an effect.

Life Images by Jill said...

It's good to slow down and relax in the summer - so enjoy! Have a good weekend and thank you for stopping by my blog this week.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Jeanie, I cannot believe he´s gone so long, never had a chance to meet his Grandkids... Hugs back.
Yes, I´m staying on the meds... for now...?

Jill, thanks, yes, no rain here at all! And, shame on me, I do enjoy (and water my plants a lot). Guess all the rain is in your place! You got a German summer for winter...