Friday, October 11, 2019
A Walk (Not In The Park)
Pics are again from my Monday-baker-walk - and... no earworm intended ;-) ...
It was funny again.
The new baker-lady was chatty and asked where I´m from, she´d heard I´m a long term customer, so to say.
I said, when I came to Braunschweig first I lived in Wachholtzstrasse, right around the corner, then moved to Bültenweg, Karlstrasse and now we live near Affenfelsen (student´s home).
She went: "WHAT?!!! And you WALK?!!! That is FAR!!!"
By golly, I think I really, as one FB-friend suggested, need new shoes, soon ;-)
I don´t only walk, I walk fast, cause I´m not that "cool" like this fella:
But reckon he worked himself warm, too, before lying down.
A guy doing honest work unlike...
"Erbaut von Constatin Uhde 1881"...
Constatin Uhde did not build, he "just" payed, there are always two sides of the story and both are needed, but who gets the credit?
Sometimes designers of beauties like these:
At this place you from time to time find "new" vintage cars, always a pleasant sight!
Also because it shows: People respect these treasures!
They´re really outside, openly like that!
My cam decided to focus on the plants here, though.
Hmmm... makes one thinking, no?
The title? See here.
Even at daytime I do not take the route through the park by myself anymore.
I take the detour, the boring one.
I am not "right", nor, "left", I am just telling what I see and read ...
In bright daylight (financial) refugees attacked an 85 year old woman and also later a 65 year old man in our little park. Women in general are "things" to some of them.
Again: "real" refugees, that suffered war, are welcome. They come here, they learn the language, they integrate... and Braunschweig still is rather safe compared to Berlin, Cologne, Frankfurt... yet I do not risk my life for a walk through the park these days.
Yes, I cut my freedom yet again and yes...
... a dog running loose could kill me as well. A stroke or whatever - but I see no sense in really going into risks like this - a 65 year old man even!!! On the way to Ölper See two ... oh, I could go on and on.
Sometimes I wonder if spreading the news just encourages even more people to follow. Like the the movie "Joker", some fear the same, and even this is on the news! So much for logic and yes. I step in line kinda, too (no, I´m not that popular or mighty, I am no media)).
On a lighter note, Lion of the day:
Taken again from the Braunschweig Lions´ movie "Meisterjahre".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










9 comments:
A walk in the park is no longer a 'walk in the park' these days... sigh..
...Iris, I love your 'Detroit Steel.' Keep putting one foot in front of the other!
magiceye, yes, sad, isn´t it.
____
Tom, they come ever here :-)
Love your autumn colours 🍁 Gosh Iris you must be so super fit with all the walking you do, do you wear a Fitbit that counts your steps?
:-) Yes, Grace, I do wear a fitbit, it motivates me!
I think ... autumn is still on the way, it´s slow this year with the colors!
Here in our little corner of the world I feel safe walking alone,even in the park, we don't have much criminality here. Our police station is open twice a week for two hours! Valerie
I like those classic cars.
I can see why you don't walk in the park anymore or at least alone. That really is too bad but probably very smart. Those cars are great and I love that you have a fave bakery like that!
Valerie, that sounds awesome!!! You even made me laugh (my FIL was a police officer and later commissioner).
____
William, yes, very cool huh!
____
Jeanie, with Ingo I take the route through the park still :-)
And the bakery... well, it´s Ingo´s wish and I happily "obey"...
Post a Comment