Sunday, October 06, 2019

I Need No Ads To Be Nice



We have yet another stupid ad.
Usually, when it´s about washing machines and such it´s men explaining to women how it works, what they need - because... women are too stupid to get it by themselves, right, they only do the work (this was irony).

A woman now tries to tell "people" to buy a certain kind of chocolate to say thank you to others, who helped you/whom you like etc.

It was Ingo´s idea in the first place...

I told of our neighbour who´s wife had strokes, heart-attack, Alzheimer´s and lives in a home/hospital now.

The other day we saw him cruising the neighbourhood.
It took him (or anyone else for that matter!) forever to find a parking space and he really looked mad after a while.
(Oh did I HATE it when I still had a car!!)

I asked Ingo to wait for him to invite him to join us Thursday for a beer at the CRABBS-people.
He said if he can make it, he´ll knock - and he smiled :-)

I think it´s sad some people need ads to remind them to be nice!
When I saw their car had the lights still on, I went up and rang the bell, told them, offered to go and the next day (back then) his wife - not knowing I do not like sweets - knocked with a good chocolate in hand to say thanks.

It´s not that difficult, is it?!

(We know he prefers beer, and we think he needs company, too.)

He sadly did not make it, though, but another asked if he might share our table.



He´d brought his own glass, too!!!
Said, he could be Ingo´s Dad, they are the same age and this glass is 50 years old, a treasure!
From the original beer company!

Do you need to be reminded to be nice?

None of us did :-)

Hahaaaa... Ingo´s Dad! Ingo brought a bottle of the beer as a pressie FIL drank when he was young and in Braunschweig.
"I don´t drink beer anymore..."
Weeks later on the phone:
"My, THAT was yummy!" :-)

Well and now Ingo got even this:



Guess who´ll get somthing yummy - and it will not be chocolate (brrrr)!


Lion of the day:



Taken of "Meisterjahre", a movie on the Braunschweig Lions.

Chocolate, beer, a cuppa, we do this because we are nice people, right. There is no need for an arrogant lady telling me to do so!!

12 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Die Welt wäre besser wenn mehr Menschen einfach freundlich und nett wäre. Aber ich muss zugeben, ich liebe Schokolade und trinke NIE Bier - tastes are different! Dir einen schönen Sonntag, Valerie

Joan Elizabeth said...

My hubby does the washing, not me. Part of a deal we struck when we got married (45 years ago this week) and he has been faithful to the deal all of those years. :-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I think it's much easier to be nice than not Iris, and it feels good too. Love that shot with Ingo and his new friend 😉

Iris Flavia said...

Valerie, ja, wenn alle nett wären, das wäre schön!
Naja, wir werden uns nie um goodies streiten :-)

Joan Elizabeth a) BIG congrats to 45+ years and b) yay! Hubby does most of the cooking here. Laundry he at least helps hanging the clothes.

Grace, yes, and maybe we even meet him again! Still worried about the neighbour..

Tom said...

...my wife is the brains in this family!

Iris Flavia said...

:-) We all actually should be 1:1...

Sami said...

I feel the same way, it doesn't cost anything to be nice to people, smile, say hello, offer to help - it makes us feel better too!

William Kendall said...

There are times when I need to be nicer.

Iris Flavia said...

Sami, YES :-)

William, DO! It´s really easier than you might think and it makes you happy, too.

Lowcarb team member said...

It doesn't cost anything to be nice to people, and the world seems a better place when we are :)

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

That's wonderful, having ads to remind people to be nice. We need that campaign here. People are very angry -- our president has set a very bad role model.

Iris Flavia said...

Jan, I agree, it´s a better place when you are nice :-)

____

Jeanie, oh, my! That "president" you have really destroys the people - I´d happily give the campaingn to you, Merkel seems not be able to destroy us! I do not need that "be friendly-campaign" (yet)!