Wednesday, October 09, 2019
Let´s Play!!!!
Sign taken near Bruchstraße, a street I am not allowed to pass.
Ingo did. Quickly. Red light district and no women allowed!!!
Crazy! I remember 1995 Sydney. They have/had a deep garage for travellers to buy and sell their cars right near King Street, lots of "adult shops" there - I got our lunch there every day whilst we tried to sell our car.
And here I am not allowed to walk through...
Let´s play???
Asked my Niece how she likes school... weee.... I had a hard time not to laugh! Term 3 and she´s fed up already! LOL!
No, actually it is nothing to laugh about.
In my 13 years of just school I had but 4 teachers who made learning fun. Isn´t that sad?
How was it in your time?
Lion of the day:
Taking part in Tom´s "Signs 2".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




21 comments:
Signs can be so funny. I like to take all kinds too.
MB
Yes, once you start, you notice sooo many!
Super signs Iris. Only a few of my teachers stick in my memory so I'm guessing the rest were pretty ordinary .. I think these days teachers have a really hard job. Parenting has changed so much, I don't think teachers get the parental support they used to ✨
Grace, I sadly have to agree. Teachers have to teach German, to say "please", "thank you", to sit still and don´t interrupt... There are not enough teachers, they take others now, too, even.
Charlie Chaplin would not laugh...
...I can relate with your niece about school, it was never easy for me! I'm not sure what the New York Lions are. Thanks Iris for stopping by, I hope that you are having a great week.
Tom, the New Yorker Lions are the former Braunschweig Lions (New Yorker is a shop and their sponsor) - 11 times German Bowl and 6 times Eurobowl Defender in American Football.
Yes, school could be fun if teachers just had the time to try!
I wish you a great week, too!
I had to look up the New Yorker Lions too. Thought maybe it was soccer.
Our provincial government is cutting teachers and support help like crazy. And many parents today don't bother teaching their kids respect or manners.
A street where women can't go?
Oh, noooo, soccer is hooligans over here!
Yes, my oldest Niece suffers... well, no, she does not suffer, thankfully, she has diabetis 1 and her parents had to fight for a helper for school support, as she certainly at first could not read.
At least she has manners, but, wee, I would not want to be a teacher these days!
Hmm, I wonder why they don't want ladies there?! I had great teachers at school in England, and always tried to make my classes fun when I was teaching. Who needs boring? 'Wenn Alles schläft und eine spricht, den Zustand nennt man Unterricht'. LG, Valerie
It´s a rule - police will turn up when you go there as a woman. It´s sad, too, as there is great architecture.
You were one of my four teachers then! LG, Iris
School was fun! Friends and games!
Lucky you!!
Really, no women in the Red light district, that's funny.
Nice signs Iris.
I remember a very good History teacher that made learning history so much fun.
In grade school I remember a teacher we called the Witch, who was prone to knocking kids in the heads with textbooks.
On the other hand, I remember a high school teacher who didn't need to teach, he was well off. He looked like an accountant, but his geography classes were the most fun in the school.
Sami, yes, no kids, either there, police really came to grab them.
My English teacher was a lot of fun.
____
William, our French teacher threw his keys at us. We are old ;-)
Some wonderful signs. I had nuns for teachers and only liked one of them. My fifth grade teacher was always cheerful and probably the reasob I liked her. Kinda sad after 12 years of school.
Bill, that is sad indeed!
Nuns as teachers, I think we don´t have that here, but I know it from The Simpsons...
Charlie Chaplan was interesting person.
Coffee is on
A sad-funny one...
Teachers so make the difference. I sure hope your niece gets a good one next time.
Thank you, Jeanie, yes, I hope so, too - it makes such a difference!!
Post a Comment