Monday, October 21, 2019

I´d Like To Be... Under The Sea



This is somewhere in Braunschweig, months ago, no artist´s name, either :-(
But that seeems to be the norm here, maybe cause it´s forbitten and only few are really paid and can make it official?



So, play nice and make people smile just like that, right....



Just see people going by and get a smile.



Certainly this scene reminded me of Sesame Street!

It was 1999, we were in Broome, at Apex Park and a family of Indigenous Australians were sitting at a picknick table enjoying soft-drinks and food and this song was playing from their recorder:

      

Oh, childhood-memories of back then, too!

In some places there is huge progress, they had a brand new car, happy kids.

Still you (right behind) see/saw so many bad scenes.*
Still this song always reminds me of the progress and good.

Taking part again in Sami´s COLOURFULWORLD Monday Murals.

*Aborigines cannot process alcohol, it´s a very big problem. Most cannot get used to living in houses.
We´ve seen a lot (of progress, too) travelling Australia for months in 1995 and 1999.

28 comments:

Bertiebo said...

A sweet world it is

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, wish I could dive!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I love to see what's under the sea, from above the sea through someone else's eyes ☺ That's a sweet quirky mural you found Iris xox

dee said...

More cute stuff, Iris. :D
Have a great week. Btw, I'm already missing the little blue man. :)

Iris Flavia said...

Grace, yes, I remember Coral Bay, we did this, too, so easy, but not that deep - you should go there! xox

____

Oh, dee, I have to look if I got more lille blue men! Chances aren´t good, though... A great week to you, too! :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Absolutely STUNNING mural of under the sea. I really enjoyed these characters, too.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, the good old times, right? These days (in the German version) Sesame Street is awful...

biebkriebels said...

They look cute figures.

Tom said...

...I remember my children listening to this! What fun.

Iris Flavia said...

biebkriebels, yes, quite cute :-)

____

Tom, yes, it was fun back then! These days (in Germany) Sesame is just stupid... We have our German show, it´s not translated.

Sami said...

My favourite is the sea dragon, so cute :)
Thanks for participating :)
I can't dive either, and in Coral Bay I put a mask, held my breath and just dipped my eyes in to look at the wonderful scenery under the sea.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, it was so salty, you just floated!! It was amazing :-)
Thank you again for hosting, keep it going, please, I have soooo much more!

magiceye said...

Beautifully painted. Most murals in Mumbai too don;t have the artists name painted boldy but a coded signature is there for those in the know.

Iris Flavia said...

I could not find a name or code, sadly...

kwarkito said...

a very funny black and white mural for an ecologic message

Mae Travels said...

My favorite feature of the mural is putting creatures from very different seas and of very different sizes together. Like the seahorse -- max size around as big as your hand; habitat the tropics. And the narwhal, whose "horn" is 3-4 feet long; habitat: the Arctic. Very fanciful.

Also love the muppets covering the beatles.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

kwarkito, I hope it was a message...

____

Mae, Uhhh... never knew it was a cover! Uh, I should hide under the bed!!
Oh, my goodness. As an excuse, I was born 72... LOL.

Iris Flavia said...

Yep, it´s nice!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I am afraid to snorkel or dive, so I have to imagine what’s under the sea!! Perhaps it looks like these murals ))).

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I only can do it limited, too - glad we have those murals :-)

Maggid said...

I'm singing along "in an octopus's garden in the shade"
😊

Bill said...

A nice and happy mural. Now the Beatles tune comes to mind after reading Maggid's comment. I always like that tune. :)

Iris Flavia said...

Maggid :-)

____

Bill, it is a fun song!

Jeanie said...

I love that song -- and the mural is loads of fun!

Maggid said...

Yes, yes, yes!!! Whatever is in your heart to create - or do - or Be . . Please, Do It. You'll never be alone in the effort, if if it seems so . . and, your heart will be even happier.

love & love,
-g-

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Jeanie :-)

____

Maggid, very well said!!

RedPat said...

Such a cute mural in B&W, Iris!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, sometimes color is not needed :-)