Saturday, October 26, 2019

Old?



We´re still sick with flu here, so you only get some "old" September shots of Alte Waage, "old scale", with St Andreas in the background.



Oh, when I still worked for my old company (finally, after 16 years driving to Wolfsburg) there was a homeless person lying there in the early mornings for months. So drunk/on drugs he didn´t mind the hard stones, no cushion, nothing - one day he was just gone.
It was sad.
But... call the police for help??? I´ve tried that - without success...



The Alte Waage was destroyed on Oktober 15th in 1944 and later reconstructed.
It is the highest timber frame construction in the city.
Ingo took English lessons there :-) - (it was nuts, sadly).



And yes, goods were scaled in there from 1534 on.

Old? YES! As FIL always says: You get old or you die. Later I´ll call my "little Brother" who turns a year older today! :-)

Lion of the day:



A t-shirt I managed not to buy!

20 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Die Alte Waage ist sehr schön. Es ist immer traurig die Obdachlosen zu sehen. Hier schlafen viele im Hofgarten oder unter die Brücke, bei jedem Wetter. Gute Besserung! GlG, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Ja, sie haben die Alte Waage gut restauriert. Es ist schade mit den Obdachlosen. Danke, das ist meine erste Grippe, hrgh. Gesundes WE und GlG, Iris

Tom said...

...Iris, the architecture is your area is beautiful with all of its details!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Tom :-)

magiceye said...

Beautifully reconstructed and maintained.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, it´s a gem :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the architecture. It is beautiful. I especially like the detail shot. You have some beautiful buildings in your area. Old naybe, but still functioning, which is important.

I just saw your question about my art. As soon as I have some free time (LAUGH), I'm going to punch holes in these and insert them into a three ring binder.

Great LION today.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to wish your brother a happy birthday, too.

Iris Flavia said...

Elizabeth, haha, free time :-)
Thank you for taking care, though and yes. Some buildings in real survived WW II!
(Braunschweig was a target back then)

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Elizabeth, will tell him tomorrow, only got Niece on the phone tday :-)

Sami said...

The Alte Waage is certainly a beautiful building. Forgot to wish your brother a happy birthday when we chatted earlier. Get well soon :)

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you for all, Sami, will tell him tomorrow (he was busy today) :-)

peppylady (Dora) said...

They seem to be a lot homeless people in lot places, sad.
Coffee is on

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, it is sad indeed...

William Kendall said...

I do like that lion.

Iris Flavia said...

Me, too, hard job to not buy that shirt!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh I'm sorry to hear that you're both still not feeling well Iris, it's been a while now.. go back and get the tee shirt, it's super cool 💙

Iris Flavia said...

I think I have it in white, Grace. I cannot buy anything, right ;-)
Thank you, Ingo feels better already, I´m a week behind....

Jeanie said...

Well, I'm late to visit so I hope by now the flu is a thing of the past and you are feeling much better. I really do love your lion today!

Iris Flavia said...

I´m on the way up big, Jeanie, thank you!!!
Yes, the Lion is sooo cute!