Thursday, October 03, 2019

Police: Your Friend And Helper - And Let´s Celebrate



Before I come to the subject at hand (police) - a big YAY for the Wall being down - today we celebrate German Unity Day, I nearly forgot!



This is a Trabant, or "Trabi", as we call it. Usually you ordered one for your child when it was born, yes, that was socialism... They came here in masses when the Wall fell and "we" put real chocolate and bananas under their wipers to welcome them (whilst they explored our towns).

All my Ts (to not confuse you, all are called Thomas) are from former GDR, I would´ve never met them if people hadn´t fought for a United Germany - I am thankful for this.

Saw this car last Monday!

But back to the subject...



Oh, shoot, I´m still a tad... tense.
I went grocery-shopping pre 08:00 a.m. and on my way home I found this shoe at the park.

50m further on this...



Had no phone with me and thought, hmmm, I do not go by myself into the park to find out.
But a couple of other people passed by, too.
Call police or don´t?

Back home I did and my... was that guy "pissed".
"Yah, thanks, we´ll have a look :-(".

What would you have done?

No Lion of the day, I wasn´t brave (though calling the police is braving up for me, too!).
So, yes, a Lion!



Last (or first) time I did this was when a tractor had his left lights on - there was nowhere to turn left.
Next village I stopped my car, called the police.
The guy said, "why are you calling us this for?!!!!"

I really had to explain to a police officer that someone might overtake just the moment the tractor-driver really turns left.
Or worse, it´s just dangerous.

But that´s the problem here (or likely everywhere).
They reduce staff and then someone like me comes up with something like that, "stealing" their time.
But what if there was someone still alife in the park and I´d said nothing, thinking someone else sure will have done so already?
And no one else did???

It´s a crazy world these days.
When you do not dare to look being by yourself only and the police has to tell you off, too....

I hope I did the right thing and they went there finding nobody anyways cause all is OK...

(In that park, that is. In our heads "The Wall of Shame", as Willy Brandt referred to it is still there, even today, can you believe it?!)

10 comments:

Tom said...

...you celebrate a wall coming down and our dear leader celebrates building one!

Love Affair with Food said...

Walls just divide. So its better it came down.

Mae Travels said...

Police are the same everywhere. No time for speculation, only report urgent observations or situations. Too bad if you have a strong sense of responsibility.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Alexandria said...

I am glad the wall came down and united the people. Better safe than sorry but I think the tone/communication style of the police officer could be improved. Kindness goes a long way!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Happy Unity Day Iris, walls between people are never a good thing. I think you definitely did the right thing reporting the shoes to the police, at least your conscience is clear, you didn't ignore and might have even saved someone.
P.s. Btw, what I said about a scorching weekend was not true apparently, storms tomorrow and low 20's over the weekend, yay 😉

William Kendall said...

I think it depends on the specific cop. I've known the odd one who takes their job seriously and will respond to even what might be a trivial manner, and I've seen others who shrug off legitimate concerns.

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, yes some never learn, huh.

Nasreen, yes!!

Mae, well, yes, it´s stupid - or is it?

Alexandria, also yes to both, with kindness I did come a long way :-)

Grace, thank you, yes, I just could not ignore that. Sorry about YOUR weather then!!!
No trade wish from here ;-)

William, I think it´s really a matter of, yes, what you say, but also about the staff they get rid off...

magiceye said...

When you have to do something you go right ahead and do it rather than regret later!

Jeanie said...

It IS a crazy world and you did the right thing. What they do (or don't) is their issue but at least you can have a clear feeling of right. And yay for the wall and what it has brought. That made me smile.

Iris Flavia said...

magiceye, yes, and I did.

Jeanie, thank you, you´re right with both :-)