Monday, October 07, 2019

We Often Meet Twice In Life



I left you with the story of the lille blue man from Rotto, by Robert Jenkins.

Please understand this is my interpretation.
If there is another story behind this, please ask the artist - and let me know, too!

To me it looks like this, the lille guy reached the lille man.
They hugged.

Then... the wee one got tired. So...



For a little while, because the wee one saw something and wanted off!!



And he ran!!!



And the blue man, like many... had nothing better to do than stare on his cell.

But the wee one has a heart and the need to show the lille blue man something, so...



The wee one then saw.. oh-oh!!!



Well, too late.
The fish the lille blue man´d tried to catch had survived and...



I do not know if this is but a German saying, but: You always meet twice.
The fish was willing to help the lille blue man, who then tried to catch the poor fish - who was loads bigger - and this is the outcome.

Again... only my interpretation.
Just to say... inside the pub the story still goes on a bit, but we´re done with the mural outside (phew, right?).

* Why I, myself do not ask the artist? It´s art, and open to interpretation, a wise person once said so me....

Taking part again in Sami´s COLOURFULWORLD Monday Murals.

17 comments:

biebkriebels said...

A funny one.

Sami said...

I like your interpretation Iris :) We can only guess what the artist had in mind.
Thanks for participating.

Iris Flavia said...

biebkriebels, I hope so!

Sami, it´s a rather sad ending for him for now, is it? Thank you for having this :-)

Tom said...

...I hope that we will meet again.

Iris Flavia said...

We will :-) And not in a cage, either!

s.c said...

It's an easily recognizable style and fun to look at.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love your interpretation Iris, you have a wonderful imagination 💙💜

Iris Flavia said...

s.c. yes, it´s a fun to see them "run around".

Grace, having no kids I still am one, I guess xox

magiceye said...

Hope to meet up at least once!

Iris Flavia said...

magiceye, it must be a German saying!!! But in a positive way: Yes, I´d like to meet you!

William Kendall said...

Quite curious!

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed your photographs and your interpretation.

All the best Jan

dee Nambiar said...

Aww... more blue men cuteness. :)
True -- art is open to interpretation. I'm sure that if the artist heard this story, he/she would smile. :)

Have a lovely week, Iris. :)

Iris Flavia said...

William :-)

Jan, you´re welcome.

dee Nambiar thank you, I hope he would :-) A lovely week to you, too!

Jeanie said...

I love the little blue man. And interpretation can be whatever you like. I like yours.

Mae Travels said...

The artist's style of drawing blob-like figures is amusing -- a sort of extension of stick figures. It would really be fun to see what the artist thought of your story.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Jeanie, thank you :-)

Mae, well, oh, I´m a tad "afraid" I´m like totally wrong with my interpretation. But then again, yes, I´d like to know, too!