Wednesday, October 16, 2019
It´s A Thank You
Languages... "In a blink of an eye", "Augenblick" is the German saying for "wait a moment".
Last month I met with T at IKEA. Actually we just wanted to chat over brekkie but then he decided he needs some chairs - as did I, so we needed a trolley.
I was very astonished it was for free! Usually all trolleys are €1!
I so had to ... well laugh?
Seeing this sign:
When the first ALDI in Perth opened I got an e-mail from a friend there.
She was mad.
You have to walk in to the right, not left, she was confused (yah, ALDI is German, LOL).
She had to buy a bag!!!
She had to pack her stuff herself!!!
Then another e-mail followed immediately: "And I had to pay for the trolley, too!!!"
I read her mails in my lunch break and was with that darn colleague only. He is so curious always and "died" hearing me giggling and then laughing, not giving away what it´s all about, which made me laugh even more!
Some sings bring back funny memories, no?
And.. "Augenblick"!!! I still have this one for you:
This lady is already in winter-clothes but dares another ice-cream, so nice to see!
Taking part in Tom´s "Signs 2" again.
Lion of the day:
"Drink the Pirates of the Caribbean" is not really correct. "Fluch" is a curse and no, we did not go for that, but the Lion is cute, no?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





18 comments:
Yes, it's confusing to walk on the right at Aldi, when here we try to keep left :) I hate the do it yourself packing as there is no counter space by the till and you have to put the shopping back in the trolley and then go somewhere else to pack!
Love the beautiful eyes :) and the lion is so colourful!
Yes, that is the huge problem at ALDI - you have no space to pack, especially when you take a basket that you´re supposed to leave after putting it all on the line!
And I admit, after weeks in Perth it was confusing indeed to walk the other direction :-)
Gosh, I had NO idea people could get so upset about something that seems second nature to me. I shop almost exclusively at Aldi. I had NO idea it was everywhere in the world. And the lady got her money back once she returned the cart. Or she should have. Laughed at your lovely signs, too.
Great Lion today, dear.
Well, it is odd, in her defense, when suddenly you have to change directions - and probably she had no AUS1-coin at hand (that´s what always bugs me, though we certainly can take plastic coins, too, but I never have one at hand! Ingo has one in the car, though)...
Glad I could make you laugh :-)
Lovely selection of signs!
...last ice cream of the year? I think that ice cream is a year round treat! I love our Aldi that is just down the road. Thanks Iris for stopping by, enjoy your week.
Tom :-) Ice cream in winter and I freeze to the ground!
Our ALDI sadly moved a bit away, haven´t been there in a while...
Nice series of signs. We have Aldi here and you enter on the left. As for no space at the till to pack your bags, we just use their counter to load up or sometimes go outside and load at the car is we went with someone. Always carry a 2€ coin in my pocket for the trolley, it's a lot easier to do that or else I forget which I have. They just did a remodel a few months ago so now we have to wallk around the whole area to find what we want. Mixing it up causes mass confusion and long lines.:)
€2?! And you enter left at ALDI?
Though, yes, at one store we do, too, the floor plan went a tad wrong, I guess.... They are weird, cannot decide!
Yes, they remodeled here, too, I never know where to find what and their specials are spread all around the store, so I don´t look for them anymore...
LOVE my local Aldi (and Lidl) store! Their prices are way better than the other grocery stores. And I love it that they don't supply (plastic) bags, you bring your own bags or the store has recycled bags for sale.
I never knew also LIDL is outside Germany!!!
Haha, yes, thank you for the Info! Bags since... oh, I can´t even count back cost money - most bring their own :-)
The lion is quite photogenic.
One of places where i live sell ice cream cone for twenty five cent. What a deal, but I can't do icecream.
Coffee is on
William, yes, beautiful.
Dora, wow, the cheapest here is €1! Sorry you can´t have this....
Interesting.
Thank you.
Lots to love but my favorite is your wonderful lion today. It's gorgeous!
Yes, so arty!
Post a Comment