Sunday, October 13, 2019

Who Is Your Love?



My Mum years and years ago gave us these feet as a pressie.
These feet moved with us from all the places we lived in Braunschweig (and yes - despite 13 years of weekend-relationship Ingo lived here every second weekend (and I the other in his place on the next)).

Ingo and this man have a lot in common, like being a genius in their field and being very generous - and I finally got this shirt!!!



Certainly Ingo is the love of my life - do you have one, too?

My Mum... she always was wise.

This is the back of the feet:



They only make sense together.
Translated it is "dear companion".

My Mum, huh.
So sad she never learned we married after all.
She liked Ingo a lot.

Lion of the day:



To Lions and Love!

Addendum. This Lion was a pressie from a friend. She has twins (girls) and found her hubby lifeless on the sofa.
Love of my life has many meanings, huh.
We learned to dance for her wedding and she took the time to come over and tell us she loves to see us dance. (Ingo and I have no skills for this).

13 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had a love of my life but he was killed when a drunk who was driving too fast hit an embankment, flipped, crossed the median, and landed on my love's car. Both were killed instantly.

Your mother was a wise woman. It's too bad she didn't get to see you and Ingo get married. But I'm sure she approved, regardless.

Love the lion of the day and am sad to read about your friend's husband.

Sami said...

It was sad your Mom wasn't here to see you and Ingo get married, but I'm sure she know he was the love of your life.
I like the T-shirt, I should get one for Jose as he too is the love of my life, married for almost 39 years!

magiceye said...

Love-ly post!

Tom said...

...the say that love makes the world go around!

Iris Flavia said...

Elizabeth, this is so sad. This is so very sad.
(My fear every working day, too)

Yes, thank you, she sadly is not my friend any,#more, it was her decesion. She´s at VW and "better" than me...

___


Sami - YES, get the shirt! :-)
I do not want to give you the link, though. Bad quality...
But these days you can have it locally, right :-)

____

magiceye, hehe :-)

____

Tom, we go around and around :-)

Alexandria said...

Even now the wisdom of your mother and her memories is guiding you through your life.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I'm sure your mum knows and is very happy Iris, I still feel my mum and dad around me, don't you?

William Kendall said...

We never stop missing our mothers.

Mae Travels said...

So many things that ones mother misses in a lifetime, but it's almost inevitable (and the opposite is really tragic). I feel so lucky that I've seen my own grandchildren, while my mother never got to see any of her grandchildren. Lovely presents from your past.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Grace, it´s funny. I used to dream of them and they had "fading coloors" - now in my dreams they look normal!

____

William, yes, but they are still kinda there this way.

____

Mae, thankfully my mother at least met her first grandchild...

Iris Flavia said...

Alexandria, yes. She´s still here, kinda...

Jeanie said...

I so love those feet. I would take them with me forever, too. Dear Companion, always.

I know what you mean about wishing your mom knew about you and Ingo, especially since she liked him,too. I feel that way about my parents never knowing Rick. They would have got on and been so happy that I had found someone that was right for me.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, Jeanie, this is even worse, they never got to know Rick, how sad.

My Brother does firmly believe our parents are still there "somehow" and see what we´re up to. If that helps a bit?