Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Bicycle Race



There´s a new shop around the corner, a hospital for bikes.
"Upcycling" sure is true for this one!



What do you prefer, if you can - car or bike?
I prefer my feet actually ;-)

Lion of the day:



It´s indicating a place with help for seniors.
Hmmm. I do know heaps who do not wear glasses. I do, though.
See the bike coming in from the right? It´s a race ;-)

       

Taking part in Tom´s "Signs 2" .

18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Ich möchte auch wieder Fahrradfahren, geht aber nicht weil mir oft schwindlig ist, also gehe ich auch am liebsten zu Fuß, ist langsam aber sicher! Habe mein Rad an einer Freundin verschenkt, ist besser so. So gut Queen wieder zu hören! Gute Idee alte Räder zu reparieren und nicht immer nur neu zu kaufen. Es ist eisig hier heute, also dicke Mantel und Stiefeln sind angesagt. Ich hoffe es geht Dir besser! Mach Dir einen schönen Tag! GlG, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Langsam ist doch auch besser, Zeit, Fotos zu machen!
Ich habe mein Fahrrad noch, bin aber die letzten 2 Jahre nicht gefahren. Auch mit den Rasern finde ich es schlimm, sei es E-Bike oder normal, falsche Richtung etc...
Queen geht immer - dir auch einen schönen Tag, GlG, Iris

Tom said...

...it seems that everything these days is upcycled, even bicycles. A hospital, now that a new one for me. I didn't know that lions need glasses! Thanks Iris for these fun signs, I hope that you're having a great week.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Tom, for hosting and our Henry the Lion still needs no glasses despite being like very old, he was "born" in 1176! Wishing you a great week, also - long weekend here!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I prefer the car and walking when hiking.. it's been so long since I rode a bike, not sure how that would be, although they say you never forget 😁

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, Grace, I hope you never forget! I didn´t drive either, not a car nor a bilke since two years...

Taken For Granted said...

An interesting looking bike shop. Hope they do well.

magiceye said...

I prefer a motorcycle. Roads are not conducive to cycling in urban areas, we dont have cycle lanes, a shame actually.

Sami said...

Upcycling bikes, that's a great idea. I haven't ridden by bike for years.

Iris Flavia said...

Taken For Granted, I think they will - lots of rich Volkswagen people live here....

____

magiceye, motorcycle is too dangerous for me!
We don´t have cycle lanes everywhere, either. Guess Netherlands are good with that.

____

Sami, dito, for years... I´d probably fall off ;-)

Bill said...

If I go somewhere it's by bus and then my feet take over. It's a team effort and works good for me. :) Nice signs, lion with glasses is new to me too.
have a wonderful week!

William Kendall said...

It's been years since I've been on a bike.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I recall bicycle very well. Although it been ages since I rode a bike.
Coffee is on

Jim said...

Interesting.

Small City Scenes said...

Very cool signs
MB

Iris Flavia said...

Bill, yes, I use public transport, too. The Lion just wears glasses because some "designers" are stupid...

____

William, and suddendly I don´t feel so odd anymore! Seems a lot of people don´t like to ride anymore...

____

Dora, I agree.

____

Jim, thank you.

____

MB, Yupp :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the signs, especially the one with lion needing glasses. Really clever and you know what you're going in for, too.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, in some years, Elizabeth, I´ll need that, too! Hopefully....