Tuesday, October 15, 2019

T Is Yum



My jaw is weak so actually I have to cut an apple, but was too lazy and got this heart :-)

This is for Elizabeth´s "T Stands For Tuesday".

You´re artists, so I dare to brave up...

Please understand I actually am not an IT Analyst but come from Architecture.

And I am old, also. We had but two computers at our uni with CAD-programs where you could do "undo" only twice.
We worked with transparent papers on A-0 machines by hand, no computer at home, certainly!!
Dare those flat-mates who tried to dry their washed clothes in my room! WAR!
Rain and you have to go by bike, holy-moly!

I don´t know if this is art.


Usually we had to "draw" in milimetres, floor plans and stuff. Being totally exact.

So figure drawing was FUN!!!!

You "made me" take pics of my "works" from...? ... say 1996?
Together with a beverage or food I´ll take along one or two.



Yes, these people were naked.
The official reason was: You have to know how a human being uses a room, how much space is needed.

For most works we had 60 - 90 seconds.

So, also joining Eileen The Artful Crafter I give it a go?
My dream was to resume figure drawing, but somehow I "forgot" about it with the great job I had...

The Lion of the day? Look what´s behind the apple in the first pic :-)
Do these count as art at least?

40 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely drawings. Happy T Day, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wonder how many people noticed the lion mug in the background, which was perfect for T day. Subtle, but effective.

I had to laugh at your CAD comments. When I first went to Uni, they were using punch cards. They got a new IBM the next year because some benefactor said we were so far behind, the school shouldn't even be teaching programing. The company where I worked used those drafting tables to draw all the parts we were making. I had a CAD program on my computer at home, but the drafting department couldn't afford computers. The could BARELY afford a blueprint machine!

Thanks for sharing the memories of days gone by and for sharing your dreams of drawing. It's a very creative way to interpret Eileen's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for joining us for T this week, Iris. We love new members.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Valerie - happy T-Day.

____

Elizabeth, thank you - I admit... I only saw the mug later!

Oh, my goodness, I thought only Germany was behind, computer-wise (and in other things, too), LOL!

Yes, it´s days long gone by! Thanks for hosting T, too! :-)

Joan Elizabeth said...

Given that I started on computers 46 years ago I doubt CAD as even thought of at the time. Your drawings are lovely. I don't have an artistic bone in my body.

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, you sure are advanced! I remember my parents had their first PC with DOS at work and that was in the 80´s, if I remember right!
Thank you, I fear I lost all the creativity and skill for drawing by now....

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I missed the lion mug until you said to take another look at the end of your post. Your human sketches are great. I wish I could draw. Happy T-Day!

My name is Erika. said...

I think those photos do show art. They are very well done. My dad was an architect and I always loved buildings and the process of designing them. Maybe I should have gone in that direction (easier to do now that is behind me) instead of biology. But I love that too. Wishing you a very happy T day. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Anne, I admit, I saw it only later too, with the lion! Happy T-Day :-)

____

As an architect you´re on the run all the time, I am glad the building industry was so down back then I had to go to IT.
Thank you for saying this to my "paintings" and happy T-Day to you, too!

magiceye said...

Beautifully sketched couples!

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you :-) I think those were the first ones, I hope it gets better...

Anonymous said...

I am loving your lion mug in the background! and yes I would say that's art
Happy T wishes Kathy

Tom said...

...loving apples is one of the best things about fall/autumn!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wow Iris you have a lot of talent there, the drawings are really beautiful! You should keep going with the art 💜

Iris Flavia said...

Kathy, thank you to both and Happy T-Day :-)

____

Tom, yes, we have mostly also apples for free from the neighbours :-)

____

Grace, oh, this was soooo long ago, no idea if I can do it again!

Sharon Madson said...

You do seem to have a talent for drawing. :) When I went back to see the lion, then I saw the cup too, which I missed the first time. I was so busy looking at the heart shaped bite! Happy T Day!

Sami said...

I hadn't noticed the lion mugs behind the apple.
Beautiful drawings Iris. I drew a few nudes and not easy at all, don't think I would be able to do it now, haven't drawn or painted for so long...

Iris Flavia said...

Sharon, thank you for both, I saw the lion only later, too! Happy T-Day!

____

Sami, wow, accidentailly I really made a "coup" with that lion!
Nah, you´re so much more talented than me, bet you can still do it!

Linda Kunsman said...

I have to cut my apple too because of my jaw:):)
Beautiful drawings you've shared here too. happy T day!

Iris Flavia said...

Jaws likely is not a movie for us then ;-)
Thank you, you (all) encouraged me to show the other drawings from back then, too - happy T-Day!

Jeanie said...

I don't know that I've ever seen your drawings, Iris. They're really beautiful. You captured the human form so well. I'm very impressed!

I hope you will share more. (And that every now and then you still draw!)

Iris Flavia said...

Jeanie, thank you! I just digitalized them now and I´ll be happy to share more :-)

Hmmm. Maybe I really have a look at offers to take courses! But I´m afraid my skills are gone...

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what fabulous drawings! You captured the human form beautifully 😁. Wishing you a very happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

What lovely figures. Drawing the human form is difficult, and I like the perspective you used for them. A hot drink in your lion mug and an apple would make the perfect Autumn snack :) Happy T Tuesday!

Iris Flavia said...

Jo, thank you! It´s such a long time ago I did this - happy T-Day for you still :-)

____

"Divers and Sundry", thank you for all those three :-) Happy T-Day!

Meggymay said...

I spotted the lion mug quite early as I was reading your post and I use a knife to cut my eating apples as well.
Your life drawings are beautiful, you have a gift and maybe now is your time to take up drawing like this again.
Happy T day wishes
Yvonne x

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, you´re the only one spotting Henry (the Lion) at once :-)
Sad we have to cut apples!
Thank you, maybe I really try drawing again... Happy T-Day, Iris x

William Kendall said...

I am oddly reminded of Leonardo.

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely drawings. I liked the heart bite you took out of your apple. I always cut my apple in pieces. Old habits from wearing braces as a kid. I totally missed your lion mug and had to go back to look. Happy T Day

Alexandria said...

Those are awesome drawings Iris! At first I thought you bought them at a fancy antique shop.

Iris Flavia said...

William!!!! That man rotates in his grave now (German saying?)!
I sure am not near to him, by golly, those were first tries....
But maybe you mean a cat ot dog named like that, that would fit ;-)

____

CJ, that bite was by accident :-)
Thank you for the compliment, too.
The lion I saw only later myself! Happy T-Day!

Iris Flavia said...

Alexandria, oh, weeeee.... thank you. Those were 60 seconds drawings and as a beginner, too. You make me feel good :-)

Iris Flavia said...

Alexandria, but antique they sure are :-)

peppylady (Dora) said...

This morning I shared and apple with my hubby. Hope you share some more art work.
Coffee is on

Iris Flavia said...

Dora, sharing an aplle is a sweet thing to do :-)
Yes, I had figure drawing a whole semester - more to come.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love that heartshaped bite and the Lion mug! I hope that one day you will get back to drawing! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Chris - I´ll really have a look if you can get courses (guess I don´t go as a student anymore to sneak in ;-) - Irisx

Lisca said...

What beautiful drawings! I love them and would definitely hang them on the wall if I had them. Done in minutes you say? Amazing!
I didn't notice the mug until you told me to look behind the apple. Haha!
I too had to smile at your description of computering and CAD programs in the old days. Well, when I went to school, computers didn't exist. Not in school's anyway.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Iris Flavia said...

Lisca, minuztes ;-) Seconds, 60-90!
Oh, thank you biiig for the compliment!
Computers slowly started in my school-days, slowly! Hugs and thank you, Iris x

Caty said...

Great this heart apple Iris !! Your drawings are fabulous, lovely! Wish you had a very happy T-day.
Have a great weekend, big hugs,
Caty

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you shared this at T this week, because I must have missed it the first time around. My apologies. It's nice to know more about your background. Hugs, Eileen